Saturday, November 10, 2012

2012 ARTISTS

 
HOLIDAY HUNT MARYVILLE
2012 ARTISTS
 
Today we start highlighting all of our artists and we know you'll be as excited as we are to see their creations.  Please stop by their websites!
 
 
NI-CHERN DESIGNS
Nicole Wall
 
 
This is Nicole's first year at the Holiday Hunt. Her creations will be sure to impress you. They sure impressed us! Here's what Nicole tells us about herself...
 
I started sewing back in junior high. I think my first sewing project was a stuffed light bulb.
I made a backpack from a pair of my best friends' jeans in high school.
Entering college, I had received a job opportunity to sew for the college costume design group (I had sewn many costumes for the HS musicals). Unfortunately with a push from family, I had to change directions in my major.
I later went with Architecture and Interior Design.
Sewing didn't stop throughout, I probably started sewing more toward the end
of my college years.
In 2005, I started Ni-Chern Designs.
Deep down, I feel that sewing is my calling. I find so much enjoyment in sewing and meeting people at craft shows. I love meeting new people, I love feedback(s) that I receive from buyers, and I love making the item perfect for the buyer's needs!
Don't give up on your dreams, even when it doesn't seem possible! Make it possible!


ERIN OEHLER POTTERY
Erin Oehler
 


 
 Erin is returning for a fourth year to the Holiday Hunt. Her creations are always unique, useful and just plain beautiful! We are thrilled to have her back and we're sure you'll love what you see.


BUTTERNUT SQUASH
Larissa Wilson
 

 
Larissa is new to the Holiday Hunt and her creations are exactly as her website describes! Please welcome her and stop by her booth.
Here's what she tells us about Butternut Squash...
 
  My grandmother made the BEST pumpkin pie I have ever tasted in my life. Period. And as someone who works a day job as a pastry chef, I like to think I know a thing or two about pumpkin pie. I asked her how she made it... "Well, it's not really pumpkin, it's butternut squash," she admitted. When asked why, she responded very simply, "Butternut squash is better. Plus, it was all I had." 
I learned two important lessons that day.
1 - The status quo isn't always the best way to do things.
2 - Use what you have.
A few years ago I began experimenting with jewelry and other small decorative items with these 2 ideas in mind... and Butternutsquash was born.
Constructed from (mostly)recycled material, found objects, and maybe a secret ingredient or two, all Butternutsquash products are one of a kind and completely hand-made. I live, work, and play in the great town of Lawrence, Kansas.

No comments:

Post a Comment