Sunday, November 11, 2012

 
 
MEET TWO MORE OF OUR FABULOUS ARTISTS
JOINING THE
HOLIDAY HUNT 2012
SUNDAY NOVEMBER 18
11AM-5PM
 
 
SALT AND PEPPER SHAKER CO.
Michael Stahl
 
 
Michael will be joining his first Holiday Hunt this year and we know you'll be impressed by his handcrafted wood products. Here's what Michael tells us about himself...
I have had an interest in woodworking since I was young boy. But it was when I took a job as a furniture makers apprentice while going to college that I became hooked and decided to turn my love of wood into a career. After several years working building furniture and then as a cabinetmaker I opened my own my own business 1979 providing millwork, cabinetry, and custom furniture to clients in the Sacramento and San Francisco area.
1993 brought a move to the Midwest and another career change, and woodworking once again became a hobby. I never lost my love of woodworking though, and spent many pleasurable hours in my small home shop designing and building in wood. Then while visiting a Shaker village while on vacation I saw, and instantly fell in love with, my first Shaker box. They combined all that I feel best in design, simplicity, function, and beauty. I new I had to make one.
That was hundreds of boxes ago, yet every box I make today gives me as much pleasure as the first one I built.  From the selection of the wood to the cutting, and then bending into shape, the process is more therapeutic than work. I now produce a number of Shaker inspired pieces in cherry, maple and poplar.
Please take a look at the items, and if you too see the simple beauty in their design and construction let us know, we would love to build one for you.






GOURDS FROM THE VINE
Becky Shisler
 

 Becky is returning for a second year of Holiday Hunt fun. Becky will be bringing more fun and creative gourds for all our shoppers. Be sure to stop by her booth!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment